The Transforming Autism Project is seeking a volunteer to join our team as our new Fundraising Lead.
The Transforming Autism Project is a brand-new charity focusing on very early intervention for children with autism with a view to making transformative life-long changes that would not be possible later. We challenge the traditional understanding of autism and propose an inspiring, hopeful and truly empowering perspective. For more details, see our TED talk.
We are planning a revolutionary new early intervention autism clinic based on Israel’s pioneering Mifne Centre (see one family’s story here), and also a comprehensive online Hub of resources and inspiration for parents and carers of autistic children.
To find out more about our goals, values and activities, please view our brochure.
Although we are currently new and very small, we will need to grow quickly in order to make progress towards our large-scale goals. We are therefore – through our wonderful volunteers – building a strong professional team so that we can put the infrastructure in place to have the scope to generate and cope with rapid growth.
In order to achieve our above goals, we are going to need to rapidly grow from being a very-low income organisation to one raising six and then seven figure sums. Our vision is inspiring. Our proposition is distinctive. The services we propose are unique. We have strong public-facing material (our book, TED talk, interviews with prominent autism specialists, an early detection app developed with Prof. Simon Baron-Cohen, etc). Now we need a strong Fundraising Lead and team, to be able to translate this collateral into money. This is essentially the purpose of the role.
(Please also apply if you are interested in being a fundraiser, but not the Lead – and state this when you write).
The creation of a strong and innovative Fundraising strategy will be the main initial goal. The recruitment of the right volunteers will then be vital in ensuring our strategy can be executed, and ensure that the following can take place:
- Recruit (with HR support), organise and inspire fundraising volunteers – and existing volunteers in other areas – to be enthusiastic about raising money for us – or using their networks to help us do so.
- Research grant opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- Research and build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations
- Explore and pursue opportunities for corporate donations, partnerships, collaboration
- Empowering our supporters to become fundraisers
- Run team/supporter crowdfunding campaigns
- Encourage individual giving
- Devise and organise fundraising campaigns, events and door to door collections
- Pursue other innovative ways of raising money for the charity
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- Manage a budget (eventually)
We are a strongly values-driven organisation, and are committed to manifesting our values in how we relate to each other, in what we are trying to achieve and in how we do it. You will be in complete resonance with these and dedicated to bringing them into all of your work and interactions.
To find out more about our values, please see our brochure or visit https://transformingautism.org/purpose/
How Many Hours?
This is flexible and can be discussed, however for a role such as this, our experience is that it requires ideally 8-10 hours or so spread through the week.
The Transforming Autism Project is dedicated to helping create a world where all people are valued and treated according to their inner essential humanity rather than according to the many labels that each of us could wear (or that could be attached to us). We are thus naturally an equal opportunities organisation.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a short covering letter to: